A warm welcome to our co-educational Sixth Form at Dane Court Grammar School
Outstanding IB Results and Destinations 2023
Read more here.
Students at Dane Court Grammar School can choose to study either the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP), the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme (IBCP), or a bespoke course.
Our International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum pathways are world-class, knowledge-rich, internationally-recognised programmes which are highly valued by leading universities and employers.
The IBDP and IBCP are unparalleled in their breadth and flexibility, meaning that students can choose a combination of subjects which is tailored to their unique ambitions and interests. The breadth of the curriculum also enables students to make inter-disciplinary connections between subjects and areas of knowledge– a highly sought after skill in today’s increasingly competitive world. There is good reason why these qualifications are found in some of the most expensive independent schools and the most successful international schools in the world. Compared to A-levels, the IB develops students to be more independent, more open-minded and more likely to successfully complete their undergraduate studies (University Admissions Officers' Report, 2017).
The IB programmes are different from A Levels because they:
- encourage students to think critically and challenge assumptions
- develop independently of local and national systems, incorporating quality teaching and learning methods from research and the global network of schools
- encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts
- develop multilingual students
- develop independent research skills to help students thrive at university