If at all possible the school will try to stay open in order to make sure that students are able to continue with their lessons and learning. In the very rare event of the school needing to close we will inform the following websites so parents can check for information:
The following Kent County Council website provides a live search facility and the opportunity to register for email and text alerts:
Detailed instructions for using the service are included below.
We will post messages to our Twitter account;
and Facebook page;
Parents can also listen for announcements on the following radio stations:
- BBC Radio Kent (104.2 FM & 774 AM or listen live on-line)
- Heart FM (103.1 & 102.8 FM)
- KMFM Radio (96.4 & 106.8 FM)
Should the school need to close once the school day has started we will contact parents by telephone and will only release students once we have had confirmation from a parent or guardian. It would be helpful if parents could ensure they are contactable by phone if it looks likely that we may have to close.
- Visit www.kentclosures.co.uk and click the ‘Register for Alerts’ button on the left side of the screen.
- Fill in your
- first name
- house number
- email address
- re-type password
- Tick the appropriate box to accept the "Terms and Conditions of use".
- Then click Register
Once you have registered, you need to tell the system which school(s) you want to receive alerts from.
Visit www.kentclosures.co.uk and click the ‘Alerts Login’ button on the left side of the screen.
Fill in your
- email address
Then click ‘sign in’
Register to Receive Alerts from your Choice of School
Under ‘Add a School’
- Using the drop down menu, choose the town or village nearest to the school you want to receive alerts from, the drop down menu
- Using the next drop down menu, choose the school
- Click on ‘add school to alerts’
- You can add as many schools as you wish.
You should now receive an email if there is a status change reported by your chosen schools
The SMS service is no longer being offered as an option. Any parents with outstanding credit will still continue to receive alerts, but no new requests for SMS alerts will be accepted. All alerts are by email.