We would like to remind you of the criteria which make students eligible for Free School Meals, and to encourage you to contact us if you think your child is eligible, but is not already receiving Free School Meals. As well as ensuring that you receive the benefit to which you are entitled, the school's income is also determined to a significant degree by the number of students claiming Free School Meals. It is therefore beneficial to the whole school community as well as to the individual families concerned if the entitlement is taken up.
Children whose parents receive any the following support payments are entitled to receive Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not including Working Tax Credit) - if the household income is below £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- an income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 if you are an asylum seeker
More details are available on the Kent County Council website.