Online safety is an important part of keeping children safe at Dane Court Grammar School, and is taken very seriously.
We have a strong culture of protecting students and understand that technology itself can be a valuable tool, but it does need to be respected. Our students have signed our acceptable use policy and this covers school devices and students’ devices when used in school.
Our students are taught how to be safe and behave online, but we can only be successful in achieving this, if school, students and parents work together. Parents can familiarise themselves with ways to protect their children online, in the websites listed below. Please ensure that your children have privacy settings maximised and that they know who they are accepting and talking to online.
All children have the right to be protected. If you have any concerns about this, please contact Mr Sunderland (Assistant Head and Designated Safeguarding Lead), Miss Rolls (Assistant Head and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead) or Mrs Ives (Pastoral Coordinator and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
If you believe a child is in immediate danger, always contact 999 for assistance.
Useful references are:
- CHILD EXPLOITATION AND ONLINE PROTECTION CENTRE www.ceop.police.uk
- INTERNET WATCH FOUNDATION www.iwf.org.uk
- CHILDLINE www.childline.org.uk
Telephone: 0800 1111
- PARENT PORT www.parentport.org.uk
- SAFER INTERNET www.saferinternet.org.uk
- NSPCC NETAWARE www.net-aware.org.uk
Online safety helpline: 0808 800 5002
- VICTIM SUPPORT www.victimsupport.org.uk
Telephone: 0808 1689111
- INTERNET MATTERS www.internetmatters.org
- PARENT INFO www.parentinfo.org
- CHILDNET www.childnet.com