What is the IB Career-related Programme (IBCP)?
The IBCC enables students to:
- Develop a broad range of career-related competencies and to deepen their understanding in general areas of knowledge
- Prepare for effective participation in an ever-changing world of work
- Foster the attributes of the learner profile allowing students to become true lifelong learners willing to consider new perspectives
- Engage in learning that makes a positive difference to future lives
- Become a self confident person ready for life in the 21st century.
The aim of the IBCC is to provide students with both an academic and practical foundation to support both their further studies and specialized training, thereby ensuring their success in the workforce.
Dane Court offers the IB Career-related Programme (IBCP) as an innovative and unique education programme for students specifically tailored for students who wish to engage in career-related learning. The IBCP combines highly regarded and internationally recognized IB Diploma Programme courses with an approved career-related study and a unique IBCP core. Therefore, because of the flexibility of the IBCP, we have been able to create our own distinct version of this programme at Dane Court offering a wide variety of IB subjects as well a choice of Business Studies, Sports Studies or Health and Social Care at A Level/Btec.
IBCC students engage with a challenging programme of study that genuinely interests them while gaining transferable and lifelong skills in applied knowledge, critical thinking, communication, and cross-cultural engagement. They are well prepared to succeed at institutions of higher learning.
Therefore, the IBCC framework is built around three interconnected elements:
- at least two Diploma Programme courses
- an IBCC core that includes approaches to learning, community and service, language development and a reflective project
- an approved career-related study