What is the IB Career-related Programme (IBCP)?
The IBCP enables students to:
- Develop a broad range of career-related competencies and to deepen their understanding in general areas of knowledge
- Prepare for effective participation in an ever-changing world of work
- Foster the attributes of the learner profile allowing students to become true lifelong learners willing to consider new perspectives
- Engage in learning that makes a positive difference to future lives
- Become a self confident person ready for life in the 21st century.
The aim of the IBCP is to provide students with both an academic and practical foundation to support both their further studies and specialized training, thereby ensuring their success in the workforce.
Dane Court offers the IB Career-related Programme (IBCP) as an innovative and unique education programme for students specifically tailored for students who wish to engage in career-related learning.
The IBCP combines highly regarded and internationally recognized IB Diploma Programme courses with an approved career-related study and a unique IBCP core. Therefore, because of the flexibility of the IBCP, we have been able to create our own distinct version of this programme at Dane Court offering a wide variety of IB subjects as well as the career pathways of Business and Finance, Sports Science, Health and Social Care, ICT and Design Engineering.
IBCP students engage with a challenging programme of study that genuinely interests them while gaining transferable and lifelong skills in applied knowledge, critical thinking, communication, and cross-cultural engagement. They are well prepared to succeed at institutions of higher learning or directly entering the workplace.
The IBCP framework is built around three interconnected elements:
- at least two standard level Diploma Programme courses
- an IBCP core that includes personal and professional skills, service learning, language development and a reflective project
- an approved career-related study