Applying for an apprenticeship is the equivalent of applying for a professional position or a university course. It requires careful research and planning of the application, however, unlike applying for university there are not set deadlines. Apprenticeship applications will open and close throughout Year 13 and have to be applied for when they open.
An apprenticeship is an opportunity for you to gain skills and a qualification, whilst earning a real salary.
Rather than paying for training or a degree, you are employed by an organisation who pay for your training in a nationally recognised qualification.
- Apprentice Kent is a useful site to explain further
- Guide to apprenticeships provided by the National Apprenticeship Service has many clear pdfs to download
- Apprenticeship presentation
- Apprenticeship parent pack
- Come and talk to us in the sixth form office
- www.sacu-student.com: Take the spartan test to find career pathways suitable for you
- Not Going to Uni: https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/apprenticeships-223
- Apprentice Kent: http://www.apprenticekent.com/home
The gov.uk website has a very helpful apprenticeship area to support your application with lots of useful information and a very easy to use search engine.